Have you been FIRED or made REDUNDANT or had a SALARY-CUT as a result of Covid-19?
Here are some thoughts on rebuilding yourself. I call it the 5A plan.
- Acceptance – The situation is beyond yourskillsand ability. Hence forgive yourself and accept that what’s happening is beyond your control.
- Acknowledge that you are not alone – This is a global experience and you are one amongst many going through this. Discover your strengths both inside and outside of you.
- Action to a newer future – Create a structure to buildresilienceand support. Proactively seek support, partnership and encouragement.
- Allow some reframing – Watch the time invested in reacting, self-doubt or worrying and reframe to solutions, ideas, possibilities, hobbies, passion.
- Activate Network and Connections – Refresh and Rebuild your resume and LinkedIn profile. Plan time for networking and increasing connections. You never know what possibilities can emerge through this.
Most importantly create time for self-care.
Needless to say, be easy with yourself. Keep nibbling at the edge of each possibility, little by little. It is tough and perhaps the hardest time of your life. But what you do right now will create a newer future.
Is there something more that you have tried and has worked?
Guest Author : Nikita Panchal
Global Head, Organization Development, Talent Management & Development D&I
Leave A Reply