When is business training a must and how can you make it awesome?
Hundreds of books, blogs and job aids have been created to help trainers to create compelling programs for professionals. The need for learning and development is greater than ever. The hunt for best practices, latest insights and effective performance methods are now very important aspects in the learning and development domain across industries.
However, the important question is – How trainers and content creators can make sure that their training is complete and effective at the same time? How can they add the “awesome” factor to their training? Let’s face it: employees aren’t really interested in unimpressive and dull training. They would rather look for information from Google to learn or subscribe to any readily available and relevant online courses.
When an organization has large investments and stockholders looking over it, it cannot afford to have learners deviate from the required training which are critical to the overall growth strategy. The goal is to have as many employees complete the training and perform very well in reflection to that training. Here are few best practices and tips to develop awesome training for your organization.
Does your organisation really need an online training program?
Let’s say you do need a training and development plan; the key is to make it learner-centric. You need to figure out the best way to convey the content to your learners.
Take a look at these statements, reflect on how they apply to your organization and find out if your organization really needs online business training:
- Large number of learners: Is there a lot of content to be delivered to a large number of learners? Is the content related to latest policy or a mandatory practice? Is it too big to fit in a single chat/ email? Then you definitely need online corporate training.
- Spread across geographies: If your organization is spread out across the globe or the country, then eLearning is your best bet. It will make it easy for everyone to get the same information while allowing local lever customisations.
- Restricted travel policies: Also, if your employees are telecommuting due to pandemic or are not able to travel, you need to create eLearning courses.
- Limited time for investing in learning: Learners have limited daily time to dedicate to learning: Are employees very busy with new processes and day to day tasks? Then you need e-learning to make your business training flexible!
- Learning for all: If your employees are less-than-highly educated workers, visual eLearning materials that are simple will be way more effective than complicated PDF hand-outs. Labelled diagrams and instructional videos come highly recommended for this situation. Plus, they will make your corporate training extremely engaging, thus more effective.
- Motivated learners: If your learners are highly motivated to learn then self-paced learning is best done using eLearning. Especially in a corporate setting, it is very important that the learners have the flexibility to learn in a way that fits their busy schedules.
- Availability of content in plenty: If you have a lot of content then make it re-usable. Re-usable content is one of eLearning’s biggest assets, and this is one of the most cited benefits of online training in a business environment, where new employees are hired.
- Cognitive skill building: Training aims to build cognitive skills: Situations that require memorization are most easily facilitated through eLearning programs, and can be made more fun and engaging with various elements, from visual cues to gamification.
- Efficient learning management system: Collecting and tracking data on number of learners, their level of learning becomes lot easier and simpler. With the use of the right Learning and Talent Development platform, you can easily yield all the tracking data you may need, having better control of your overall corporate training.
Often, a simple infographic, or a job aid is good enough to create a learning situation. If you have answered in the negative to the above statements, you can safely assume that online training is not the only solution here.
However, if your answer has been affirmative then, in the current fast-paced business context, smaller and independent learning modules are the safest way to go. Arrange these modules in the form of a searchable wiki. Your learners can easily locate what they need and quickly go through the module.
Creating an awesome training program is not as challenging as it used to be. The trick is not in the details, but in brief introductions and quick revisions.
We will be happy to share our new platform backed by experienced learning management and content development team https://www.itrainconsultants.com/contoole/ which offers complete learning solution to businesses.
Email us at firstname.lastname@example.org for a quick discussion.
Sources: Schoox.com, ispringsolutions.com, trainingindustry.com
Author: Vishal Punetha
Corporate Training Consultant
I Train Consultants India Pvt. Ltd.
Leave A Reply