The global economy is passing through a tough phase of a recession caused by coronavirus pandemic. This has made employee health & well-being on the top of the priority list for corporates. Workplace wellness initiatives amid this crisis can definitely prove to be an investment for any organisation that will turn to increase benefits such as improved employee well-being and business performance.
The whole world is navigating to adapt to the new norms in the workplace as well as family due to the COVID-19 crisis. In these new norms employee wellness is predicted to be the most important part of workplace strategy. So
every organization must connect its workforce with workplace wellness without any further delay and should continue even after the crisis ends anytime soon. A targeted wellness strategy in the workplace will ensure smooth business operations and make employees more prepared to face such unforeseen circumstances in future.
Companies should not consider workplace wellness as a part of social responsibility to benefit employees but a strategic step to improve business performance as the employees who are physically and mentally fit can contribute to a healthier business.
Employers must focus on these five key areas to keep the workplace safe from the novel coronavirus:
- Instruct every employee to maintain proper hygiene and social distancing in the workplace.
- Promote a lifestyle of well-being that includes exercise, meditation and nutritious diet.
- Take measures to improve the indoor air quality of the workplace building. The Government of India has already issued guidelines on air quality and AC usage in offices and homes to lower the COVID-19 risks.
- Facilitate flexibility in working hours and work from home as far as the novel coronavirus is still widespread.
- Implement stress management in the workplace as prolong sitting can cause stress which is known to weaken the immune system. People with a weak immune system are highly suspicious of being infected from coronavirus.
- Your future plans to improve workplace well-being post pandemic must focus on changing your organisation culture more suitable to work from home at least 70-80% of the time.
Corporate wellness programs become imperative for companies in future even after the threat of COVID-19 lowers.
It will help to maintain the new norms to stay protected from infections in the workplace hence it improves the well-being and productivity of employees.
I Train Consultants with The Innovation Culture is happy to help Corporates and individuals with their Complimentary 1 hour Yoga Webinar in the safety of your own home or office.
Register at http://tinyurl.com/itrainrelaxhour or email us at firstname.lastname@example.org
Sources: timesofindia.com, thehindu.com
Leave A Reply