eLearning has a lot to offer to every group of learners and has the potential to play a critical role in driving performance goals at an individual and organizational level. The learning and development culture of every organization is unique and is influenced by many factors like the industry, the products, the market, the type of workforce and many more.
Through this article we want you to give you some perspective and on how eLearning can influence your business and its people.
While organizations who have been driving digital learning from a very long time would have already benefited from it, there are a lot of organizations who are still mobilizing their resources to get an LMS up and running and kick start their digital learning programs while some are still considering if eLearning is a viable option for their workforce or not.
This article is specifically for the learning and development teams who are trying to set up a digital learning system within the organization or have started the process and are yet to explore it’s many possibilities.
So let us try to explore why eLearning has the potential to redefine learning and development in your organization. Here are some of the areas where we have found eLearning to be extremely useful:
- Diverse workforce: If you have a workforce spread across different demographics, eLearning is perhaps one of the best ways to reach out to the larger team with a uniform message and that also within a stipulated time frame. eLearning is convenient because it provides accessibility to the learners in a way where time zone is not a limitation but and also gives them an opportunity tothem to learn at their ease.
- Huge task force: Managing the learning program for a huge workforce is a difficult job as well. Their attention, their knowledge retention, the impact of learning on performance – everything seems wobbly without an efficient system that keep tracks of the progress in learning and development. It creates disinterest among the learners and therefore eLearning solutions comes as a viable options to make learning efficient.
- Curious learners and a positive learning culture: A lot of us have a natural inclination towards learning new things continuously because it encourages us and helps us to be creative. We find joy in learning new things. A healthy eLearning library is a wonderful gift for such life long learners who want to learn at their pace. Therefore, eLearning comes as a natural option because doesn’t matter when and how, they just continue to explore and learn. They don’t wait for a training program to be rolled out. They continue with a self-defined learning process and in the process becomes an ambassador for a healthy learning and development culture in your organization.
- Incremental learning levels: The advancement of eLearning has also encouraged creativity and that is why eLearning offers 4 different levels of interaction which are not just engaging but competitive with insights from experts and with enough ways to help a learner evaluate himself/ herself. Depending on the profile of the learners, the complexity of the topics and the performance goal that you want to drive through the learning initiative you can determine the level of eLearning courses you want your content partner to design.
- Accessibility and ease of learning: If your learner group is more inclined to reading and referring to materials post training, then. One of the advantages of e-learning is learners have access to the learning materials, whenever and wherever they want. Easily accessibly learning materials attracts learners with different learning styles and therefore your learning initiatives have chances to impress a larger section of the workforce.
- Effective and not just efficient learning process: With a set of disciplined learners in fact you can opt for self – paced learning as well. An aspect that most eLearning service providers are very keen to consider when designing a course. At the end of the day it is not about the learning goal but learning should lead to meeting a performance goal and with eLearning it is easier to track.
Irrespective of the mode of learning the good news is that the learning and development culture in organizations are evolving and with that the learning methodologies are evolving as well. The steering force behind all this is the evolving aspiration of learners though.
Learners have become very particular about their choices today. They are ready to explore more and therefore even eLearning service providers are experimenting with innovative learning methodologies that will excite, engage and empower the learners.
Learners, organizational culture and the content providers will play a pivotal role in creating a new landscape with new benchmark for learning and development.
We have shared our experience in this domain and we will let you define the kind of learning and development culture that you want to offer to your workforce while leveraging on eLearning as a learning medium.
So, if you are looking at finding the best eLearning solutions company it may be difficult to get although not impossible but instead if you look for a partner who can build the best eLearning solution for your company, you may find more value.
At Contoole we have always focused on building best eLearning solutions, gamified and simulated products however, we do not intent to promote eLearning as the only effective learning medium in this article. We don’t claim that it is the best medium of learning but we do believe that it has the power to drive learning in the most effective way.